Vignan’s Institute of Management and Technology for Women has an exclusive Training and Placement Cell headed by an Officer In-charge and assisted by a management faculty. It is well supported by the Management, Departmental heads and Coordinators. The Objective of the Placement cell is to enhance skill in tandem with the graduation and to make the students employable. The Placement cell’s efforts are always towards helping the students graduate with at least a single offer in hand.
All round development, a multi-faceted and inter-disciplinary knowledge combined with several industry-oriented learning experiences would help the students to build their skills to reach the industry standards. The Placement cell facilitates such experiences during their academic pursuit, through
• Industrial visits
• Guest Lectures
• Career Counselling sessions
• Summer Internships / Live Projects
• Other Corporate Forums
• Business Thought Leadership Sessions
To enhance employability skills and facilitate the students with placement opportunities in collaboration with the industry.
Maintain amicable relationships with the faculties of the College and the industry.
To act as a liaison between the student, college and the facility for placement.
To research Job trends
Provide career services to students
Conducting Campus Recruitment Trainings
Arranging for Guest Lectures on Academic and Industry topics
Network with local employers
To identify the right students for the job opportunities and assist companies for the recruitment process
Plan hiring events - Placement officers use their knowledge of job trends and the employer network they have built to bring a variety of employers to the college for a successful event.
To arrange for internships for a hands on experience to the students
To maintain all records under contractual practice/legal requirements.
Mr. A. Srikanth is an Assistant Professor in BS&H department. He has 2 years experience working as an Assistant Professor and Placement Coordinator in the Department of MBA. He also has 2 years of industrial experience in Accounts and Training functionalities.
• Should prepare the list of trained students in the respective departments and ensure to keep the information sheets viz., career options of the students / placement database up to date.
• Should monitor the attendance, collect feedback, investigate and resolve student issues and complaints during the trainings or any relevant activity and update the T&P.
• To arrange for logistics, interview facilities at the campus and written test halls and to co-ordinate with student representatives for smooth functioning.
• Should obtain the information about the date and time of campus interview / written test to the respective student coordinators prior to that date.
• Should keep the Placement Officer updated about any achievements happenings in the department so as to update the college profile.
• Should support in registering the students for trainings and the jobs with prescribed qualifications.
• Coordinators should act as conduits for collaborative research activity by identifying industry-relevant projects.
• Should be in close association with the students and take every effort to maintain the decorum and the image of the college with the visitors.
• Should handle alumni affairs, including maintenance of all relevant details of pass out students and alumni association.
• Should regularly update the Placement Officer, if a student has been selected in other Off / Pool Campus interview and has received an appointment letter and also handle student communication.
• Should be prepared to extend working hours during Placements or related activities.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.