Dr. P. Sudhakara Rao, an able administrator and accomplished scientist, started his career in Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute (CEERI), Govt. Of India, Chennai in the year 1979. He was recognised by Govt. of India for his research and awarded him the best project of the year award during 1986 on the independence day. He had handled and completed many research projects during his 26 years during stint at CEERI and other institutions. He later worked with private enterprise before moving into teaching. He had many distinctions to his credit.
∗ Ph.D in Electronics and Communication from MIT, Anna University, 2003
∗ M.E. (Electronics) MIT, Anna University, 1989.
∗ B.Tech (Electronics & Communication Engineering) from Mysore University 1979
KEY POSITIONS HELD
∗ Group Leader, CEERI, CSIR, Govt. Of India
∗ Deputy Director, CEERI, CSIR, Govt. Of India
∗ Vice-President Technical, SEIGER, Coimbatore
∗ Dean R&D, Vignan Institute of Technology and Science
∗ Principal, Vignan's Institute of Management and Technology for Women
∗ Industrial electronic instrumentation and Automation
∗ Designing of Image processing based systems
∗ Embedded Systems
1. Realisation of IP-Based Wireless Sensor Network with emphasis on Image transfers and on-demand Routing -- Sponsored by Department Of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi
2. Development of Non-Intrusive system for Real-Time Monitoring and Prediction of Driver Fatigue and drowsiness -- Sponsored by Department Of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, New Delhi
3. Automation of CAR seat -- Sponsored by M/s AAS Technologies, Hyderabad
4. Automated Commando Training System -- Sponsored by A.P. Police, Govt. of A.P.
5. Mobile Image Position Performance Analysis System -- Sponsored X_Design, Coimbatore
6. Campus Management Solution Modules Sponsored by M/s Future Tech. Pvt. Ltd, Hyderabad
7. Image processing based Contamination Control System
8. Ultrasonic based Contamination Control System
9. Computer Aided Herbal Authentication System -- Ayurveda Vaidya Sala, Kerala
10. On-Line Grading And Sorting of Fruits -- Ministry of Food Processing, Govt. of India
11. Basis Weight Measuring Gauges --- Ministry of Information Technology (Govt. of India) and M/s. Rollatainers Ltd.
12. Paper Formation Analyzer for Ministry of Information Technology, Govt. of India and M/s. RSM Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,Chennai
13. Paper Dirt Speck analyzer -- Ministry of Information Technology, Govt. of India
14. On-Line Grading of Mangoes -- Department of Science and Technology [DST]
15. Design and Development of Biscuit Inspection System -- Department of Science and Technology [DST]
16. ASPECT (Accounts Stores Purchase Employee Computer Transactions) for Central Electronics Engineering Research Institute Centre
17. TMS 320C25 and TMS 320C30 Evaluation Modules & TMS320C30 Based PCAT ADD-ON Card --- DSIR and M/s VI Micro Systems, Chennai
18. On-Line Quality Monitors And Control System For Paper Industry --- M/s. Rollatainers Ltd, Faridabad
19. On-Line Quality Monitors And Control System For Paper Industry --- M/s. Mysore paper Mills, Karnataka
20. Digital Corrosion Meter -- M/s. Elico Pvt. Ltd., Hyderabad
21. Microprocessor Based Leather Area Measuring System -- M/s. Bit Systems Pvt. Ltd., Coimbatore
22. Non- Destructive Measurement of Vacuum In Sealed Containers -- M/s. JK Industries, Bangalore
∗ International journal Publications: 14
∗ National journal publications: 18
∗ Technical Papers presented in CHAINA and in IEEE Conferences in USA : 05
∗ Technical Papers in other International Conferences: 07
∗ Other Technical papers presented in conferences, workshops, etc.:29
HONORS & AWARDS
∗ One patent: "Non-destructive Measurement of Vacuum in sealed containers"
∗ Received the best national level project ("VIBROTONE") award during the year 1986 from NRDC (National Research and Development Corporation), Government of India.
∗ Received the best paper award from IPTA (Indian Pulp and Paper Technical Association) during the year 2000, for the technical paper on "Paper formation analyzer".
∗ Received best paper award from IEEE, USA during the year 2001, for the technical paper "Shape feature extraction and Apples classification using machine vision".
∗ Life member - Instrument Society of India
∗ Member - IEEE