The department consists of dedicated, qualified and experienced faculty and supporting staff in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering. All the staff members meet the requirements as prescribed by AICTE and JNTUH University. Various pedagogical activities have been followed by the faculty for the student in order to create interest over the subjects and the developing technologies.
Click Here for Details
The following are the various teaching methodologies used in different aspects for the delivery of course:
i) Lecture Method and Interactive Learning:
Audiovisual aids, chalk, and board are used by the faculty for teaching.
Students are encouraged to clarify their doubts, during the lecture hour itself.
Tutorial Sessions for Problem-Oriented subjects are done by the subject teachers.
During the lecture hour, first 5 minutes are used for revising topics taught in the previous class by the students and the last 5 minutes is used to give a summary of the current class. Hence the students will get continuity of the previous day topics.
ii) Application Based Learning:
Students are encouraged to attend workshops from 2nd year onwards. As an outcome of the workshop, interested students will develop Projects/ mini Projects at the end of the workshop.
All third-year students are encouraged to do mini projects and are asked to submit the same before the commencement of exams.
Students are encouraged for an internship in the industry during vacations.
Students are taken to industrial visit at least once a semester to see the real-time operation.
Encouraging students to participate in the events Smart India Hackathon, MSME, Project expo, Coding contest.
iii) Practical Learning:
Experiments beyond syllabus are conducted in the Laboratory.
Virtual Lab Exercises are given to the students.
Laboratories are accessible for the students during the scheduled periods and also during leisure hours for doing experiments.
Students are taken to the industries through industrial visit through that acquiring the knowledge about the real-time applications.
iv) Hi-tech classroom:
All classrooms are equipped with projector facility.
All laboratories and classrooms have Wi-Fi access.
v) Other Innovative Teaching methods adopted by the faculty:
- Innovative teaching is a proactive approach to integrate new teaching strategies and methods. It is widely recognized as a key way of achieving competitive advantage. Here are the appropriate methods, which we use for innovation in Teaching and Learning Process.
- Faculty members post their subjects’ lesson plan, e-learning resources and question bank in the Google classroom for students’ access and utilization. Faculty and students research publications also been displayed in the website.
- E-books, E-journals and other E-resources are made available to the students through the digital library.
- To contribute to the improvement of students learning, Innovative ICT based teaching facilities such as smart class room, video conferencing, smart boards, digital slates and LCD projectors are used effectively by the faculty
- The Wi-Fi enabled campus encourages blended learning by way of providing access to website containing e-learning
- Google class room is an application designed to enhance the learning experience which is incorporated in our teaching learning process. It helps to interact with students by posting technical contents, notes and assignments.
- Faculty members and students undergo online courses from NPTEL and COURSERA in their area of interest. This helps them to enrich their knowledge on current trends and also equip themselves with inter-domain expertise.
- Online classes are conducted through the college domain Google Classroom. All the sessions are recorded and available for students’ future reference.
- Virtual labs are utilized for conducting laboratory experiments
- Interesting webinars are blended with classroom teaching as an effective medium in knowledge transfer and learning
- The faculty members are encouraged to participate in AICTE Training & Learning (ATAL) FDPs, short term courses and staff development programs on advanced topics to keep pace with the advanced level of knowledge and skills.